See all reviews
Member since 2013
University of Texas
Read more »
"Apotome is fairly easy to use and easy to set up. It provides excellent resolution in making stacks of thin slices stained with fluorescent proteins."
Optical sectioning using structured illumination.
Create optical sections of your fluorescent samples – free of scattered light. With structured illumination, you know that only the focal plane appears in your image: ApoTome.2 recognizes the magnification and moves the appropriate grid into the beampath.
The system then calculates your optical section from three images with different grid positions without time lag. It’s a totally reliable way to prevent scattered out-of-focus light, even in your thicker specimens. Operate your system just as easy as always. You get images with high contrast in the best possible resolution – simply brilliant optical sections.
ApoTome.2 Features & Benefits:
- Perfect Images with All Magnifications - Automatically uses the right grid for your objective, selecting from three grids with different frequencies. With a defined optical section thickness in the region of a Rayleigh unit, the image is simply brilliant.
- Free Choice of Light Source and Dyes - Use exactly the light you need! ApoTome.2 gives you the choice of fluorophores. No matter what you work with, just change the filter and the system automatically moves the grid to the correct position. Obtain the perfect optical sections for multi-channel imaging.
- Brilliant Images even with Thick Specimens - ApoTome.2 increases the resolution in the Z direction compared to conventional fluorescence microscopy, meaning you can obtain brilliant optical sections that allow 3D-rendering, even from thick specimens.
- Cell Culture - 2D imaging / Fast imaging / Marker detection / Contrast techniques.
- Live Cell Imaging - Reduction of phototoxicity / Time-lapse images.
- Vibratome Sections, Histological Samples - 3D imaging / Optical section thickness / Penetration depth / 3D reconstruction / Quantitative Analysis.
- Whole Mounts - 3D imaging / Large image areas.
Application notes and news
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!