The Thermo Scientific AminoTrap™ is an in-line pretreatment column installed in place of the guard column, before a carbohydrate monosaccharide column.
The detection of monosaccharides and amine-containing glycoconjugates with low levels of glycosylation can be compromised from fouling of the working electrode by amino acids. Amino acids such as lysine are potential interferents without the AminoTrap, because the oxidation products inhibit detector response for later-eluting monosaccharides.
The AminoTrap is an in-line pretreatment column installed in place of the guard column, before an analytical carbohydrate monosaccharide column, such as the CarboPac™ PA20 or CarboPac PA10. Specifically designed with high selectivity for amino acids, the AminoTrap column retains the amino acids, thus allowing the monosaccharides to be eluted well before interfering amino acids. In this way, the AminoTrap column eliminates working electrode fouling for samples such as glycoprotein hydrolysates or food sources that contain lysine.
The AminoTrap is packed with a 10-µm, high-capacity, anion-exchange resin that has high selectivity for hydrophobic amino acids relative to monosaccharides when using hydroxide eluents. The 4 × 50 mm AminoTrap is recommended for use with the CarboPac PA10. The 3 × 30 mm AminoTrap is recommended for use with the CarboPac PA20.
AminoTrap Column Features:
- In-line sample pretreatment column removes amino acids from samples for monosaccharide analysis.
- Eliminates electrode fouling due to the presence of amino acids such as lysine.
- Different dimensions are available for different monosaccharide analytical columns.
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!