Screen preparation is not only tedious, time consuming and potentially error prone, but the accuracy with which a screen design can explore the high dimensional chemical space determines whether a crystallization experiment leads to a hit.
The Alchemist HT simplifies fine and coarse screen production with unmatched accuracy using patented "Tapper" technology, no cross contamination and no waste with patented BirdFeeders™, and fast and simple screen optimizations with the CrystalTrak™ software package.
The accuracy achieved by automated screen makers is best gauged by coefficients of variation, "CVs," a measure of deviations between actual and target dispense volumes. The Alchemist HT achieves CVs of less than 3% down to 1 μl even for the most difficult to dispense stocks, namely highly viscous PEGs. This unmatched precision is achieved with the Tapper technology.
Included with every Alchemist is CrystalTrak, a software package designed specifically for protein crystallography. It features a comprehensive crystallization and chemical database that includes most commercial screens, and enables easy screen design and one-click optimization tools.
Alchemist HT Features:
- No cross-contamination due to patented BirdFeeder™ technology which eliminates tubing
- 72 chemicals can be stored on the deck - perfect for multiple group useage
- Elimination of tubing means no waste of expensive chemicals such as detergents
- Unmatched accuracy (CVs of less than 3% down to 1 μl) achieved by “Tapper” technology
- Simple screen optimizations utilizing the CrystalTrak™ software
- Stock management tools and bar code tracking bring efficiency to the lab