The Agencourt FormaPure SPRI reagent system provides a simple, automation-friendly process for extracting high quality total nucleic acid, DNA or RNA only or miRNA only from FFPE tissue samples.
Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) tissue samples are often evaluated by genomic researchers utilizing Next Generation Sequencing and other popular analytical techniques. The samples are often degraded due to age and crosslinking that can occur, making the extraction process challenging. Traditional procedures for extracting nucleic acids often result in low yields and poor quality samples.
The Agencourt FormaPure system provides a simple, automation-friendly process for extracting total nucleic acid, DNA or RNA only or miRNA only from FFPE tissue samples. By utilizing the Solid Phase Reversible Immobilization (SPRI) paramagnetic bead-based technology, the Agencourt FormaPure system does not require vacuum filtration, centrifugation, or organic solvents such as phenol or xylene.
The process is very automation friendly and customers choosing to automate can go from paraffin digestion to total nucleic acid extraction in about 4 hours for 96 samples in a microtiter plate format utilizing the Beckman Coulter Biomek NXP or FXP Span-8 workstations. Methods will also be available on the new Biomek 4000 platform at the end of this year.
Sample purity and recovery levels are consistently higher than competitive techniques giving researchers confidence to move forward with their DNA sequencing, SNP genotyping, or gene expression studies.
Agencourt FormaPure - Nucleic Acid Extraction from FFPE Tissue Features:
- Consistent, superior yield and purity of RNA or total nucleic acid.
- No centrifugation, vacuum filtration, or solvents required.
- Supports automated or manual processing.
Application notes and news
- High Throughput TruSeq Stranded mRNA Library Construction on the Biomek FXP
- Automated TruSeq RNA Sample Preparation from FFPE Tissue Specimens utilizing the Biomek FXP Liqu...
- Highly Efficient MicroRNA and Total RNA Purification from Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissues (FFPE)
- Highly-efficient miRNA Isolation using the Agencourt FormaPure and RNAdvance Cell v2 Kits and Biomek Automa...
- Automated miRNA Isolation Using Agencourt SPRI and Biomek