See all reviews
Member since 2014
Read more »
"This high end, easy to use titrator, is extremely accurate in measuring % water w/w for our bulk liquids. It has saved our valuable resources, such as time, money and analyst. The Volumetric Karl Fischer Titrator is sleek, accurate and versatile and an instrument that keeps on giving. I highly recommend this Karl Fischer to my colleagues and anyone seeking simplification within the organization. Please ensure that you purchase enough solvents to last at least one month. During the learning curve there is a tendency to use more solvent than normal."
- Broad Operating Range - 50 ppm to 100% moisture.
- Special Reagent Delivery - stepper motor-controlled, high precision peristaltic pump.
- Unique Glass-to-Glass Vessel - sealing design ensures there is always a moisture tight seal to the reaction vessel, no rubber gaskets that can be attached by organic solvents.
- Method Memory - titration procedures recalled automatically.
- RS232 Interfaces - connection with balances and computers.
- Built-in Thermal Printer - hard copy printout provides a comprehensive record of results, method, and statistics.
- Visible Bar Graph - easily indicates vessel solution moisture status from across the laboratory
The Orion AF8 sets international standards for rapid determination of moisture in a wide range of materials. Push button convenience with the highest accuracy and precision are all designed into the Orion AF8. Operating reagent, solvent and waste containers are plumbed directly to the titration vessel, creating a fully sealed chemical handling system. The Orion AF8's peristaltic pump unique continuous titrant dispensing system eliminates the inconvenience of refilling burettes. The modular design has the advantage of keeping corrosive chemicals away from the instrument electronics, providing maximum long-term reliability. A top-entry opening of the vessel can be opened to the width of a syringe needle for liquids or wider to accommodate solid samples up to 23 mm across. The complete titration procedure from the introduction of a sample to the presentation of results is carried out by a microprocessor-control led routine, which can be pre-programmed by the operator to optimize conditions best suited to the particular material being analyzed. Calibration confidence is assured because the standardization routine automatically rejects flawed results. Statistics can be performed on up to 25 sequential samples and may calculate the mean moisture level, standard deviation, the coefficient of variance and the number of samples analyzed. An extract time can be programmed to occur between adding the sample to the vessel and carrying out the titration. There is a choice of two modes for sample analysis. The more common option is "sample only", where miscible liquids or soluble solids are titrated. directly after addition to the vessel. The "background" mode is most useful for insoluble solids where a delayed titration is necessary to fully extract the enclosed moisture.
The Orion AF8 comes complete with built-in printer, large & small titration vessels, small vessel adapter, dual RS-232 interface, large & small stir bars, reagent & waste bottles, spare silicone pump tubing and extra roll of printer paper.
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries