TTP LabTech’s Acumen Explorer fluorescence microplate cytometer enables high throughput primary and secondary screening of cell-based assays by delivering the object recognition of CCD imagers combined with the fast reads of bulk fluorescence readers. It scans entire wells with up to 4 channels of simultaneous data collection; screening adherent, non-adherent, live or fixed cells. This whole well scanning capability permits improved normalisation of data to total cell number per well (overcoming problems of variable stimulation and random cell distribution), increases the robustness of screening data, enables true cell proliferation studies to be performed and also provides an integral toxicity indicator for each assay. It is ideal for assays requiring a large field of view – such as wound healing or cell colony formation – and is advantageous for rare event detection due to the large numbers of cells analysed.
The Acumen Explorer offers 488 nm or 405 nm laser excitation with an open software architecture, allowing the user to select morphological and fluorescence intensity measurements best suited to extract key cellular data. All SBS-format microplates, from 96 to 1536 wells, are scanned and analysed at equivalent times – typically only 4-10 minutes a plate.
Acumen Explorer’s main applications include protein kinase activation/translocation, cell cycle analysis, mitotic index, apoptosis detection, cell viability testing, reporter gene activation and RNAi screening.
Application notes and news
- High-Throughput Cell Cycle Analysis Using an Acumen® eX3 Microplate Cytometer
- Poster - Detection of BD Living Colors Novel Fluorescent Proteins
- Poster - Multicolor Detection of CD45 on Human Monocytes with Quantum Dots in a High-Throughput Format
- Poster - Determination of Cell Colony Formation in a High Content Screening Assay
- Poster - Detecting the FRET Response of the GeneBLAzer® Cell Line D1 CRE-bla CHO-K1 to Agonists and An...
- Poster - Utility of 405nm-excitable dyes in High Content Screening using an Acumen Explorer Microplate Cyto...
- Poster - A High Content Primary Screening Assay determining ERK and JNK Activation
- Poster - Applications of Laser Scanning Microplate Cytometry in High Content Screening
- Poster - A High Content Primary Screening Assay Identifying Multiple Protein Targets in a Cell Using Quantu...
- Poster - High Throughput Cell Cycle Analysis using Microplate Cytometry
- Poster - High Throughput Profiling of siRNA and miRNA Libraries using Microplate Cytometry
- Poster - An Ultra-High Throughput Approach to High Content Screening in 1536-Well Format
- Poster - A Total Solution to Provide High Content Primary and Secondary Screening of a Compound Library Ass...
- TTP LabTech Launches New High-Content Contract Screening Service
- Acumen® eX3 speeds up cytotoxicity profiling
- See Latest Products from TTP LabTech - SBS Booth 200
- TTP LabTech launches the RAPid4 acoustic biosensor and enhanced screening tools at SBS 2008
- Acumen eX3 and DRAQ5 Shifts Cell Cycle Far into the Red
- Innovative Automation Roadshow
- TTP LabTech Extends Global Reach
- TTP LabTech celebrate 20 years in technology at LabAutomation 2007