ActiPix™ D100 UV Area Imaging System
The Paraytec ActiPix D100 UV imaging detector is now available for purchase. This keenly awaited product is set to transform UV-Vis detection technology with its increased sensitivity, minute sample requirements and wide dynamic range - unlocking completely new applications for UV-Vis absorbance detection and greatly enhancing existing applications.
Key Product Features
- Miniature UV detector that can be placed in combination with existing lab hardware, e.g. LC-MS
- Capillary-based detection, in-line or discrete allowing sub-microlitre sample volume
- High spatial resolution
- Five orders of magnitude linear dynamic range
- Powerful active pixel sensor provides real-time images
- Can be used down to 190 nm in the UV
The Paraytec ActiPix D100 is a miniature capillary UV detector, designed for on-line monitoring at a single UV wavelength, particularly for use with the separation methods of liquid chromatography and capillary electrophoresis.
The ActiPix D100 consists of a control box and a small remote sensor head containing a capillary cartridge. The remote head is designed for positioning exactly at your required detection point, and can be literally clipped in to an analysis stream. Its small size (approx 5x7x7cm) means that it is ideal for in-line detection with LC, nano-LC, LC-MS and CE.
The miniature size allows the detector to be used as a ‘clip-on’ accessory linked to existing separations instrumentation and in line with a mass spectrometer. Detection is performed at a selected wavelength by means of exchangeable filters. Light is delivered via a fibre optic coupled light source. Readout of signals on the active pixel sensor and absorbance calculations are carried out at MHz rates, with all processing done in hardware on custom electronic assemblies. Processed data is output in real-time to computer using an industry-standard high-speed serial data link.
- Wavelengths: Single wavelength filters selectable in range 190 – 1100 nm
- Bandpass: 10 nm
- Baseline noise in absorbance: 5 µAU
- Linear dynamic range: 5 orders of magnitude: 5 µAU – 0.5 AU
- Peptide limit of quantification: 100 ng / ml (190 nm)
- Spatial resolution: 70 µm
- Tolerance for eluents: Useable with all standard eluents (methanol with 1 M acetic acid etc.) over full range down to 190 nm
- Sensor: CMOS Active Pixel Sensor
- Size of detector: Approx 5x7x7 cm
Uses fused silica capillary
- Goes down to 190 nm in UV
- Enables low volumes of sample to be analysed discretely or in a continuous stream
Patented signal referencing technology
- Highly sensitive
- Quantitate peptide at 100 pg per µL at 190 nm
Over five orders of magnitude linear dynamic range
- 5 µAU – 0.5 AU
- Reduces the need for dilution
- Enables minor components and major components to be quantified simultaneously
High spatial resolution
- Can resolve peaks in complex mixtures, e.g. proteomics and µUPLC
Real time monitoring of velocity
- Enables integration with process control, e.g. high throughput fraction collection
- Enables placement of one or more detectors in a process stream, e.g. high throughput purification, HPLC, MS, UPLC, monitoring of components in a column
Application notes and news
- High Throughput Monitoring of Protein Adsorption
- A quick, easily integrated technique for testing enzyme substrate specificity
- Real-time Imaging of Pharmaceutical Tablet Dissolution
- Challenging Life Science Applications Unlocked by UV Area Imaging Detector
- Nanoscale UV-Visible absorbance detector wins R&D 100 award
- Paraytec wins Silver award at Pittcon 2007 ..
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!