ACQUITY UPLC HSS T3 Columns for Polar Compound Retention
See all reviews
Member since 2012
Laboratory Manager / Supervisor
Medical Laboratory, Private
Read more »
"This column is efficient and robust. We run on it up to 192 injections (2 plates) a day from whole blood extraction. It is possible to run more than 2000 injections on it. "
See all reviews
Member since 2013
Pharmazentrum, University Of Basel
Read more »
"The only reverse phase column which can stand 100% water elutes, and if you respective the maximum temperature of 45°C, this column is very robust. It is possible to inject around 5000-6000 samples before any separation capacity is lost. If you just use an in-line frit on the front of the column and this investment will be a good investment. "
ACQUITY UPLC® HSS (High Strength Silica) T3 Columns contain the first and only 100% silica particle designed, tested and intended for use in applications up to 15000 psi/1000 bar. The ACQUITY UPLC® HSS particle is not an HPLC particle. High pore volume HPLC particles do not possess the mechanical stability necessary to withstand the high column packing and operating pressures of UPLC® separations.
The first ligand chemistry in this UPLC®-certified column family utilizes T3 bonding in order to retain and separate polar organic compounds. ACQUITY UPLC® HSS T3 columns possess the superior polar-compound retention, aqueous mobile phase compatibility and ultra-low MS bleed of Atlantis® T3 columns.
Easier Method Transfer
Since Atlantis® T3 HPLC and ACQUITY UPLC® HSS T3 columns utilize T3 bonding, LC methods can be transferred from HPLC to UPLC® separations. Because Atlantis® and HSS particles are different substrates, some method modification and/or optimization may be required. A compelling benefit of UPLC® technology is the ease and speed at which this method optimization can occur since UPLC® separations offer greater resolution in less time.
Moving from XBridge™ HPLC to ACQUITY UPLC® BEH columns is nearly seamless, as the hybrid particle substrates differ only in particle size. However, because of T3 bonding it should be straightforward to make simple adjustments to successfully transfer a separation from an Atlantis® T3 HPLC column to an ACQUITY UPLC® HSS T3 column.
Application notes and news
- The Determination of Fruit Juice Authenticity Using High Resolution Chromatography, UV, Time-of-Flight MS, ...
- Dramatic Improvements in Assay Reproducibility for Water-Soluble Vitamins Using ACQUITY UPLC and the Ultra-...
- Multi-Residue Analysis of Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products (PPCPs) in Water Using the ACQUITY UPL...
- Screening Environmental Samples for a Diverse Range of Compounds with Accurate Mass LC-MS and an Integrated...
- Simultaneous Extraction and Quantitation of Morphine and its Metabolites in Plasma Using Mixed-Mode SPE and...
- Simplifying Peptide Bioanalysis
- Scientific Innovation For You
- ACQUITY UPLC's Strong Performance is Moving the Entire Industry Forward
- New Chemistry Offerings at Pittcon 2007
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries