Average Rating: 4.0
1 Scientist has reviewed this product
Ease of use
After sales service
Value for money
"Very sensitive and high resolution compared to other fluorescence imaging equipment I have used. User-friendly- easy to do a quick scan followed by a more detailed analysis of the region of interest. Easy to select wavelenghts, resolution etc. Many different uses and applications for the machine."Review date:
01 Oct 2012 | Typhoon™
Typhoon 9410 is a high performance gel and blot imager with the capability of microarray analysis. It offers three methods of detection: storage phosphor, fluorescence and chemiluminescence.
Key features include:
• Versatile system which can handle gel sandwiches, agarose and polyacrylamide gels, membranes, microplates and microarrays
• Powerful excitation sources and innovative high quality confocal optics allow for the sensitive detection of the low abundance targets in artifact-free images
• Red, green, and blue excitation wavelengths and a wide choice of emission filters enable imaging of an extensive variety of fluorophores
• Automated four-color fluorescence scanning allows multiplexing of multiple targets in the same sample ensuring accuracy of analysis, increasing throughput, and saving time
• Storage phosphor technology delivers high-resolution imaging and accurate quantitation of 3H, 14C, 125I, 32P, 33P, 35S, and other sources of ionizing radiation
• Highly sensitive optics enable direct chemiluminescent imaging without intermediate exposures to films or screens
• A choice of Typhoon models means the most suitable instrument can be selected depending on the targets of interest. Furthermore, Typhoon can be upgraded as the operator's specific research needs develop.