IncuCyte ZOOM™ Live Cell Imaging System
The IncuCyte ZOOMTM is Essen BioScience’s innovative live-cell imaging system, designed to operate inside a standard incubator. The IncuCyte ZOOM gathers and analyzes images automatically, around the clock, and is ideal for use as both a cell culture surveillance tool or to perform long-term phenotypic assays. Researchers program an imaging schedule, load culture and assay plates into the instrume...read more
2 scientists have reviewed this product
See all reviews
Member since 2014
Read more »
"The IncuCyte is a nice piece of equipment, recording different parameters (confluence, fluorescent) over time from cells seeded in flasks or microplates."
|Arjan Van Adrichem|
See all reviews
Member since 2014
Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland
Read more »
"The IncuCyte ZOOM (Essen Bioscience) can be used for many applications, but in combination with CellTox-Green (Promega) one can follow cell toxicity over time. The initial setup takes some time, since the ZOOM needs a reference image library, but after this 'teaching', it's basically 'plug and play' and very friendly in use. If one would run into trouble, the support team is very friendly too! Both the ZOOM and CellTox-Green do cost a fair bit, but the vast amount of data generated is worth it. "
The IncuCyte ZOOMTM is Essen BioScience’s innovative live-cell imaging system, designed to operate inside a standard incubator. The IncuCyte ZOOM gathers and analyzes images automatically, around the clock, and is ideal for use as both a cell culture surveillance tool or to perform long-term phenotypic assays. Researchers program an imaging schedule, load culture and assay plates into the instrument, close the incubator door and walk away.
Imaging Inside Your Incubator
The IncuCyte ZOOM™ system consists of an automated microscope that operates in a standard tissue culture CO2/O2 incubator and a networked external controller that gathers, processes, and stores experimental image set data on its 9TB (30TB IncuStore optional) RAID-5 hard drive array. The instrument drawer holds up to 3 configurable vessel trays, and supports imaging of over 300 standard plates (including 96- and 384-well), T-flasks, dishes and micro-slides. This vessel flexibility allows multiple experiments to be run concurrently.
Multiple Imaging Modes
IncuCyte ZOOM supports HD phase-contrast, green fluorescence and red fluorescence automated imaging modes. Our proprietary High Definition (HD) Phase Contrast imaging format is insensitive to optical aberrations caused by the fluid meniscus, even in 96- and 384-well plates. In Whole Well Imaging mode, entire wells all the way to the edge can be imaged even in large area formats such as 35 mm dishes. Three different microscope objectives (4x, 10x, 20x) can be housed within the system and readily interchanged by the user.
Accessible, Quantitative Image Analysis
IncuCyte ZOOM is controlled from the office or home by powerful yet simple to use desktop software. Remote monitoring of assay progress or cell culture status can be done from any networked computer. Customizable and trained phase-contrast and multi-color image processing metrics are available, allowing for real time analysis and data visualization on the fly. Creating image and movie files for export is fast and straightforward. The IncuCyte ZOOM also has a powerful embedded database architecture making it simple for users to search and retrieve experimental data.
- Operates from within a standard tissue culture incubator
- Automated imaging of cell cultures and assay plates around the clock
- Remote access to images and data analysis by any networked computer
- HD phase contrast and 2-color fluorescence imaging
- Three objectives available – 4x, 10x, 20x
- Unlimited software licenses
- Built-in cell-based metrics for quantitating observed biology
- Proliferation (confluence and cell counts)
- Apoptosis (caspase 3/7 for live-cell imaging)
- Dilution cloning (whole-well imaging)
- Migration / Invasion
- Stem Cell monitoring and reprogramming
- Neurite outgrowth and dynamics
- Reporter gene expression
- Viral studies
- Immune response – T-cell killing
Application notes and news
- IncuCyte™ High Definition Imaging Mode
- Simplifying High Throughput 3D Spheroid Growth and Shrinkage Assays Using Live Content Imaging
- Miniaturized Kinetic Live-Cell Imaging Assays in 384-well Format
- Live Content Imaging: Multiplexed, Quantitative, Kinetic Assays Enabled by CellPlayer Reagents an...
- Assembly and Pharmacological Validation of a Fully Kinetic 96-well In Vitro Vascular Tube Formati...
- CellPlayer™ 96-Well Kinetic NeuroTrack™ Assay
- Capturing Rare Events in iPSC Reprogramming Using Live Content Imaging
- CellPlayer™ 96-Well Cytotoxicity Assay
- CellPlayer™ Kinetic Proliferation Assay
- High Fidelity 96-Well Kinetic Assays for Cancer Biology: Cell Migration, Invasion, Apoptosis, & A...
- CellPlayer™ Kinetic Stem Cell Application
- Differential Pharmacology of Neurite Outgrowth/Stabilization in Human iPSC-Derived Neurons as Mea...
- CellPlayer™ 96-Well Kinetic Caspase-3/7 Apoptosis Assay
- CellPlayer™ 96-Well Kinetic Cell Migration and Invasion Assays
- CellPlayer™ Cell Culture Quality Control Assay
- An Introduction to the IncuCyte™ High Definition Imaging Mode
- A Kinetic Live-Cell Imaging Approach to Measuring Cytotoxicity In Vitro
- Novel Kinetic Live Cell Imaging Assays for T cell Killing of Tumor Cells
- Differential Biology of Tumor Cell Migration and Invasion through Bio-Matrices Measured with 96-w...
- Kinetic and Label-Free, Live Content Imaging Assays for Neurite Outgrowth in Primary, iPSC-Derive...
- Development of 96/384-Well Kinetic Neurite Outgrowth/Stabilization Assays in Human iPSC-Derived N...
- NeuroLight Red™ and NeuroPrime™ Cell Kit: New Products for Monitoring Neurite Outgrowth, Kinetic...
- Neurolight Red™ and NeuroPrime™: New Enabling Reagents for Live Cell Imaging in Neurobiology
- New 2-Color Kinetic Live Content Imaging System and Assay Reagents