See all reviews
Member since 2012
Read more »
"The Genesis is easy to use, highly accurate and has good reproducibility. Also, you can add other devices such as other brand shakers and it is also possible to run scripts and .exe applications."
The Genesis FE500 is Tecan’s front-end, pre-analytical laboratory automation solution.
Automation of the pre-analytical process is receiving increasing interest from laboratory managers all over the world. Genesis FE500 combines pre-analytical functions including pre-sorting, centrifugation, volume check and clot detection, decapping, secondary tube labeling, aliquoting and destination sorting into analyzer racks, on a small footprint instrument.
• Pre-sorts samples for processing to streamline workflow and enhances productivity
• Automated loading/unloading
• Reliable identification of different separation layers
• Recognition of available sample volume
• Handles primary tubes from various tube manufacturers with different dimensions and different cap systems
Secondary Tube Labeling
• Labels the required number of empty secondary tubes with the right barcode
• Aspirates specimen from primary tube and pipettes into desired number of secondary tubes
• Sorts processed tubes into corresponding analyzer racks
Features / Benefits
• Maximum functionality into smallest footprint
• Fast adaptation to current and future analyzer rack formats
• Attractive payback time
• Improved operator safety
• Flexible to cope with changing lab requirements
• Reduced risk of manual errors
• Compliant to In Vitro Diagnostic Directive 98 / 79 / EC