See all reviews
Member since 2013
University of Macau
Read more »
"It is a powerful tool to analyse the volatile components in herbal medicines which are important components. It is easy to operate and can give abundant information about the analytes, when it is coupled with the MS detector, about the structure and the content."
See all reviews
Member since 2013
University Rovira i Virgili
Read more »
"I like this system very much because it is very easy to use and it usually works perfectly. Moreover it is perfect for our applications. In addition the software is very intuitive and it can be used easily even by a student without experience."
Welcome to the next generation of the industry-proven Agilent MSD — the most popular GC/MS of all time. The 5977A MSD includes a new, highly sensitive Extractor Ion Source for higher Signal-to-Noise (SNR) and a statistically based, low-femtogram Instrument Detection Limit (IDL). The 5977A MS is perfectly complemented by the newly integrated intelligence of the 7890B GC. In combination, the 7890B/5977A GC/MSD delivers value in many ways: increased sample throughput, expanded analytical capabilities, reduced maintenance and decreased cost for energy and gases. The 5977A is the first MSD to include both, the classic ChemStation Data Analysis software as well as the highly productive MassHunter Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis software in a single workstation. With these sets of capabilities, the 7890B/5977A GC/MSD is an investment that will return benefits over its 10-year guaranteed life. That’s Agilent’s promise.
Confidence means a return on investment that includes quality results, time savings and the assurance of business continuity. Now with unsurpassed performance, the new 7890B GC and 5977A GC/MSD, Agilent offers the industry’s broadest, most feature-rich GC and GC/MS portfolio. Resolve your search for value now at: Agilent.com/chem/resolve
- Extractor Ion Source - The ‘push-pull’ principle of the Extractor Ion Source delivers more ions to the mass analyzer and increases confidence of your trace analysis methods.
- Heated Gold Quadrupole - Agilent’s proprietary heated Gold Quadrupole is unique in so many ways. The quartz, hyperbolic monolithic is the only mass filter that can be heated to 200°C without loss of resolution or mass accuracy. At the higher operation temperature, the analyzer bakes out quickly and stays clean--even with complex, high boiling samples.
- Triple-Axis Detector (TAD) - The novel TAD design further optimizes Signal-to-Noise through the combination of efficient ion collection and amplification by the triple-channel electron multiplier (EM) and the elimination of neutral noise by the doubly off-axis position of the HED-EM.
- GCMSD MassHunter with MSD ChemStation Data Analysis - Unified GC/MS acquisition for your Agilent 5977 and 5975 Series GC/MSD, 7000 Series GC/Triple Quad, 7200 GC/Q-TOF, and Agilent 7980 series GC. Supports the MassHunter data analysis workflow for all instruments and the classic MSD ChemStation workflows for your GC/MSD and GC only operation. MSD ChemStation Data Analysis mode provides the latest iteration of MSD ChemStation, with all the capabilities and features you expect from your Agilent GC/MSD, including DRS.
- GC/MS Application Kit - The application kit of EPA 8270 (SVOC) and EPA 524 (VOC) are available for 5977A MSD. It includes Ultra Inert Consumables and other parts for the optimum result of the application.
- Integrated GC-MSD Communication - The 7890B GC and 5977A MSD ‘talk’ continuously and fully ‘understand’ each other’s status. They form a perfectly unified system that supports the highest productivity for your laboratory.
- Sleep/Wake mode: In Sleep mode, your electric costs are reduced by 40%. The System Schedule will wake and ready the GC/MSD before the start of your next work day or shift.
Fast vent: Cool down time is reduced by 40% for quick maintenance procedures.
- Safety Protection: If MSD shuts down unexpectedly, GC gas flow is automatically terminated. This ensures safe operation with hydrogen and eliminates waste of costly helium carrier gas.
Twistorr 304 FS Turbo Molecular Pump - Optimized for light gas (helium, hydrogen) with Agilent reliability and quality.
Application notes and news
- Chemometric Profiling of Whiskey Using the 5977A GC/MSD
- Environmental Volatiles Using an Agilent 7697A Headspace Sampler, an Agilent 7890B GC, and an Agilent 5977A...
- Determination of Semivolatile Organic Compounds in Drinking Water Using the Agilent 5977A Series GC/MSD
- Sensitive and Reproducible Detection of PAHs Using the Agilent 5977A Series GC/MSD
- EPA Method 8270 for SVOC Analysis on the 5977A Series GC/MSD
- Sensitive and Reproducible Phthalate Analysis Using the Agilent 5977A Series GC/MSD
- Analysis of Nitrosamines in Drinking Water Using the Agilent 5977A Series GC/MSD System
- Agilent’s New 7890B Gas Chromatograph and 5977A Series Mass Selective Detector Deliver New Levels of Produc...
- Agilent Technologies Introduces Next-Generation Gas Chromatograph and GC/MSD Series
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!