See all reviews
Member since 2013
Read more »
"This instrument has excellent sensitivity for an accurate mass very reliable. It is Easy to use and data determination is very clear. The maintenance is easy and not so time consuming. It is excellent for Metabolite ID, Protein determination, peptide sequencing and Biomarker research. The source is very easy to keep and work with. The software is user friendly however it does take some training and time to get used to it. I have strongly recommended for Metabolite ID and for E-Fate metabolism studies. "
The 4800 Plus MALDI TOF/TOFTM Analyzer is the next generation of tandem time-of-flight mass spectrometer systems, providing the highest level of protein coverage, throughput, and confidence in quantitative proteomic analysis. The analyzer combines all of the advantages of MALDI in a flexible, easy-to-use, ultra-high-performance mass spectrometer with all the advanced capabilities of ProteinPilotTM v4.0 software.
Features of the 4800 Plus MALDI TOF/TOFTM Analyzer:
- Ideal system for protein biomarker discovery, providing simultaneous identification and quantitation of up to 8 samples at a time (8-plex workflow) using reagents.
- Fully supports LC MALDI workflows, allowing you to mass analyze without the time constraints of LC.
- Compatible with ProteinPilot v4.0 software for increased protein coverage and confidence in identification and quantitation results.
- OptiBeamTM on-axis laser provides ten times greater sensitivity to identify and quantitate low-abundance proteins in complex biological samples.
- High-resolution precursor ion selection, enabled by the QuanTISTM precursor selector, lets you detect and identify peptides that other systems miss and makes it easier for you to interpret your data by simplifying MS/MS spectra.
- Simple experiment setup and fast mass analysis maximizes laboratory productivity.
- High-energy, information-rich fragmentation patterns unavailable on other instrument platforms enable you to analyze carbohydrates, lipids, and other biological components.
- Improved on-board computing capabilities handles large scale protein discovery studies with faster processing and automated data backup.