The SPEX SamplePrep Model 2000 Geno/Grinder is a new laboratory mill specifically designed for vigorous up-and-down shaking of deep-well titer plates.
It is typically used to prepare tissue for extractions of nucleic acid, protein, and other constituents by shaking the tissue, steel balls, and a buffering agent together in each well of the titer plate. The Geno/Grinder measures less than two cubic feet and weighs 110 pounds. It meets all European CE Directives and is available in either 115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz models. The operator can precisely adjust the stroke rate of the sample clamp mech-anism anywhere from 500 to 2000 up-and-down cycles per minute. The Geno/Grinder is specifically designed for shaking titer plates, and has many advantages over conventional mills and paint shakers "adapted" for this purpose.
Key features include:
- Prepares plant material such as seeds, stems, roots, leaves, and certain animal tissue.
- Handles two standard deep-well titer plates (5 in. long x 3 in. wide x 2 in. high).
- A digital timer displays both the full timer setting along with the minutes and seconds remaining in the grinding cycle.
- An adjustable dial allows the operator to set the precise vertical grinding speed between 500 and 2000 strokes per minute.
- Two safety interlocks, a lockdown latch and a pneumatic cylinder stabilize the lid for safe operation.
- Isolation of nucleic acids (DNA/RNA), proteins, enzymes and yeast.
- Used in high-throughput laboratory screening facilities.
- Elimination of cross-contamination.