108 Auto Sputter Coater - ideal for routine sample preparation for scanning electron microscopy
The Ted Pella 108 Auto Sputter Coater is ideally suited for automated high quality coating of non-conducting samples for standard SEM imaging. The added functionality of the automatic features enable fine grain coating on a range of samples with a choice of target materials. The automatic purge and leak functions together with the optional MTM-20 High Resolution Thickness Controller offer consistent thickness for optimized conductive coating results. Cool, fine-grain sputtering is achieved with a very efficient low voltage DC magnetron head. The quick change target method allows a range of metals to be used.
Main Features of the 108 Automatic Sputter Coater:
• The 108 Auto Sputter Coater offers the choice of fully automated or manual operation. The specifications also include automatic vent (with a choice of vent gas) and argon purge control.
• In automatic mode, the coater can be controlled in two ways. The digital timer can be used to give repeatable coatings or the MTM-20 High Resolution Thickness Controller (optional) can be used to terminate the sputtering process at the desired thickness. Alternatively, the MTM-10 High Resolution Thickness Monitor (optional) may also be used for manual termination.
• The digital sputter current control is fully independent of the argon gas pressure in the sputtering chamber to achieve consistent sputtering rates and optimum specimen coverage.
• The efficient DC magnetron operates on a low voltage for "ultra-cool" sputtering to avoid effects on sample surface.
• Separate electronic valves for leak, purge and vent, coupled with a precise needle valve, ensures quick and easy operation.
• Quick target change allows for a range of materials used: Au, Au/Pd, Pt, Pt/Pd (Au fitted as standard.