Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO), the world leader in serving science, recently introduced exciting products designed to help customers in a range of industries accelerate their research and increase laboratory productivity. The new products were showcased at the annual Pittsburgh Conference and Exhibition, Pittcon 2014, held from March 2 – 6 at McCormick Place.
“We are committed to innovating to help our customers address new challenges in a wide range of applications,” said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. “Faster analysis, more accurate results and the knowledge gained by translating data can give our customers a significant advantage in today’s competitive marketplace.”
Thermo Fisher’s new product launches at Pittcon include:
- An updated release of the gold standard Thermo Scientific Chromeleon 7.2 Chromatography Data System (CDS), which now allows users to couple mass spectrometers to liquid and ion chromatography instruments. Chromeleon 7.2 was the first CDS to provide unified control of gas chromatography and mass spectrometry data.
- The miniature Thermo Scientific picoSpin 80 NMR spectrometer, which offers powerful, high-resolution analysis in a compact and affordable instrument. This new system builds on the success of the picoSpin 45 spectrometer, previous winner of both the R&D 100 and Edison awards.
- A temperature control bath, the Thermo Scientific VersaCool Refrigerated Circulating Bath, capable of accommodating twice the volume of any competing instrument in the same benchtop space.
- The Thermo Scientific DXRxi Raman imaging microscope, with automatic feature recognition and walk-up-and-run operation regardless of a user’s skill level.
- The Thermo Scientific Virtuoso Vial Identification System, which is designed to reduce errors in the laboratory caused by inconsistent or handwritten labels on samples; and
- The Thermo Scientific Instant Connect Helium Saver Module, which addresses the global helium shortage by reducing consumption in a standard gas chromatography system by as much as 20 times.
Thermo Fisher will also demonstrate the capabilities and unique customer applications of two of its groundbreaking mass spectrometry platforms launched last year at the American Society for Mass Spectrometry: the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Fusion Mass Spectrometer and the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantiva Mass Spectrometer. Using these new instruments, customers have already achieved significant gains in sensitivity and productivity in fields ranging from proteomics to environmental analysis.
Supporting all of these new products are the company’s advances in laboratory information management systems, as well as asset management and equipment optimization under its Unity Lab Services brand and single-point ordering through the Fisher Scientific channel.
Company websiteThermo Fisher Scientific