Rigaku Raman Technologies, a leading pioneer of handheld and portable Raman spectrometers, today announced its next generation handheld analyzer, the Rigaku Progeny, designed from the ground up to deliver the industry’s most comprehensive and accurate materials identification, and improved ease of use, adaptability and reliability.
At Progeny’s core is an advanced miniature VPG-based 1064nm optical engine offering bench top quality analytical performance in a rugged, ergonomic and IP-68 sealed enclosure. Progeny’s fully customizable workflow software is 21 CFR Part 11 compliant and boasts a smartphone-inspired user interface (UI) shortening the learning curve, allowing rapid implementation of material ID methods, and significantly improving return on investment.
Rigaku Raman unveiled the Progeny analyzer during a press conference last week at Pittcon 2014 in Chicago, IL USA.
“As the first company to bring a 1064nm handheld Raman analyzer to market, Rigaku Raman has once again leveraged its deep understanding of Raman spectroscopy and handheld designs to achieve breakthrough technological and design advancements,” said Bree Allen, general manager for Rigaku Raman. “Progeny will reset customer expectations in the market because when compared to other handhelds available today, it offers a level of functionality and performance that simply has not been achievable in the past.”
About the Rigaku Progeny
The new Progeny analyzer has been designed for pharmaceutical, chemical manufacturing and academia markets and raises the bar on the speed and accuracy inspectors, chemists and scientists can expect from a handheld Raman analyzer. Key benefits of the new system include:
Widest Range of Measurable Materials in its Class; Bench Top Instrument Performance:
• 1064nm high-power excitation laser optimizes speed and sensitivity of analysis, minimizes fluorescence interferences, broadening the range of materials that can be measured when compared to other Raman laser types;
• Innovative 512-pixel InGaAs detector delivers improved resolution, analytics and signal to noise, handling the most challenging mixture analyses;
• Ultra-fast quad-core processor manages the most demanding search and quantification algorithms without requiring remote desktop work;
• Sampling accessories and adjustable focus optimizes sensitivity and delivers the highest confidence in results from a broad range of samples.
Redefined Raman Handheld Usability:
• New and advanced ergonomics and sleek shape provide easy, single-hand entry into industrial barrels/drums, allowing users to view the screen while the instrument is in a downward orientation;
• The sealed system (IP-68) guards against moisture and dust enabling rugged warehouse use and easy cleaning while minimizing cross-contamination risk;
• Multi-touch, high-contrast screen and large-sized hard buttons allow for a short learning curve, making the device easy and flexible to use in labs, warehouses or in the field;
• Features remote connectivity using both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth;
• Integrated digital camera for barcode entry and sample snapshots improve workflow efficiency and data tracking;
• An optional, simple and convenient, docking station for charging, data synchronization, security and bench top use.
Desktop Power; Smartphone Inspired User Interface:
• Intuitive user interface allows for simple development of new applications and adaptation of current workflows;
• Efficiently runs simple or advanced chemometric applications directly on board the analyzer for both qualitative and quantitative method development;
• Patent-pending wavelets-based spectral match algorithm ensures maximum confidence in sample identification.
Company websiteRigaku Corporation