• They are assayed controls, providing clinically significant values for a wide range of analysers at key decision points.
• Both controls are liquid for ease of use, eliminating possible reconstitution errors and improving lab efficiency.
• Available in 3 concentration levels (low, mid and high), Premium Plus covers the full clinical range, removing the need for laboratories to purchase additional, and often expensive, low or high level controls.
• The controls are highly stable when stored at -20 to -70°C with open vial stability of up to 7 days at +2-8°c, reducing wastage in laboratories.
• They are manufactured using human-based serum, ensuring performance that closely mirrors patient samples.
• As true third party controls, laboratories are assured of truly unbiased, independent assessment of analytical performance and as such help deliver highly accurate results and patient diagnosis.
The controls are now available in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Far East and Africa. Randox is currently awaiting product approval from the US FDA and China SFDA.
Dr John Campbell, BSc, PhD said, ‘These new assayed controls will be hugely beneficial to medical laboratories running a wide range of routine patient tests, allowing them to consolidate all or the majority of their QC within one control. ’
Steven Jordan, Randox’s Global Manager for QC, said: ‘Randox reputation as a leading global provider of quality controls takes another step forward with the launch of Acusera Liquid Chemistry Premium and Premium Plus. We’re delighted to be pushing the boundaries of quality control, helping laboratories improve their performance and productivity whilst ensuring highly accurate results and improving patient diagnosis.’