Product News: Accelrys Advances Biology Innovation with New Release of Assay and Study Management Product SuiteAccelrys, Inc., a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management solutions, has announced the latest release of its unified biology assay and study management software suite consisting of Accelrys BioRails DM 4.5, Accelrys BioRails PTO 4.5 and Accelrys Morphit 3.0. The Accelrys BioRails assay data management and project tracking/optimization applications together with the powerful Morphit spreadsheet application help improve the efficiency and productivity of research and development scientists engaged in early-stage screening through in vitro ADME, in vivo DMPK and pharmacology experiments. In the latest BioRails releases, deeper integration with the Accelrys Enterprise Platform and Accelrys Pipeline Pilot extends the data processing and reporting capabilities of BioRails, significantly improving personal and project team productivity in bringing new drugs to market.
"Coordinating and tracking study designs for lead optimization of small molecule and biotherapeutics drugs is a challenge today that leads to inefficient delivery of results, slow turnaround times, costly bottlenecks and poor decision transparency across organizational and geographic boundaries," saidAdel Laoui, PhD, managing director of the Accelrys Life Sciences R&D segment. "The latest releases of the Accelrys BioRails and Morphit applications offer a comprehensive, scalable software solution with true integration of different biopharmaceutical data types, enabling scientists to efficiently manage, analyze and share structured bioassay data during multi-domain drug optimization."
Accelrys BioRails DM (Data Management) and Accelrys BioRails PTO (Project Tracking and Optimization) offer a comprehensive, extensible solution for capturing, processing, analyzing and reporting low to medium-throughput in vitro and in vivo biological data and associated workflows. Through integration with the Accelrys Electronic Lab Notebook and the Accelrys Chemical Registration applications, BioRails enables research scientists and project teams to capture experimental data and methodologies together in a single system, enabling them to quickly analyze assay results and refine study designs. New features in Accelrys BioRails 4.5 include:
• Integration with the Accelrys Enterprise Platform and Scientific Component Collections improve access to scientific solutions across different domains.
• Configurable linking enables integration to external data processing engines including the Accelrys Pipeline Pilotscientific workflow authoring application, enabling project teams to save time by automating tedious manual tasks and sharing best-practice workflows.
• New color-coding of workflows enables project managers to track the status of work in progress and prioritize jobs across teams and individuals.
• Enhanced email notifications support the strategic flow of information and tactical coordination of tasks in a collaborative research environment.
A key component of the BioRails DM application, Accelrys Morphit is a richly interactive, multidimensional Windows client for spreadsheet data capture, analysis and reporting across a wide range of experiments from plate-based in vitro
screening to in vivo
behavioral studies. As well as providing a significantly enhanced user interface with drag-and-drop selection capabilities, Accelrys Morphit 3.0 offers the following new features, accelerating data capture and analysis in molecular/experimental biology:
• Out-of-the-box pharmacokinetics tools incorporating industry-standard formulas for calculating area under curve, clearance, half life and other PK parameters, enabling fast, flexible PK template design
• Enhanced charting capabilities enabling advanced visualization for improved decision making
• Tighter integration with Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets for improved performance and usability
• New statistical tests for in vivo profiling for greater confidence in results using functions validated against industry standards
To learn more about Accelrys BioRails 4.5 and Accelrys Morphit 3.0, visit Accelrys at booth 1211 at the AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition, Nov. 10 to 14, in San Antonio, TX, or register for a complimentary webinar entitled "What's New in Biological Innovation: the Accelrys Assay and Study Management Product Suite"
to be held on Tuesday, Dec. 3, 8 – 9 a.m. PST.