New ShapeSizer™ Image Analyzer from Whitehouse Scientific
19 Oct 2011Whitehouse Scientific has introduced a new version of their ShapeSizer™ Image Analyzer, which was used in certifying the last BCR reference standards, and the system upon which they themselves are standardized.
The new ShapeSizer™ has a CCD camera, high performance computer and sophisticated software. This makes it an ideal solution for a wide variety of industrial particulate applications where both size and shape are critical parameters.
“For some time people visiting our labs have seen the ShapeSizer™ and have asked if we can make it more widely available as a product,” said Whitehouse Scientific CEO, Graham Rideal.
“Up until now the analyzer has been sold predominantly into the industrial diamond industry but I’m delighted that we can now supply complete systems for a wide range of applications. We believe that the ShapeSizer™ is one of the most cost-effective and reliable particle metrology tools on the market. It has highly user friendly image analysis software and is proving to be an excellent technique of particle characterization for particles in the size range 1 – 5000 µm”.
Key features of the ShapeSizer™ include:
• High speed, high resolution frame grabbing
• automatic cluster recognition and elimination
• Particle separation and editing facility
• a unique pixel correction for X/Y distortion in the CCD camera
• a Miles-Lantuejoul option to maximize field of view without eliminating particles
• a comprehensive graphical and tabular display of size and shape parameters
• a sieve calibration option
• certificate generation for validation processes.
Company websiteWhitehouse Scientific Ltd