- Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces Next-Generation Immunoaffinity Sample Preparation Solution for Downstream Mass Spectrometry
Product News: Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces Next-Generation Immunoaffinity Sample Preparation Solution for Downstream Mass SpectrometryThermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, has introduced its Thermo Scientific Mass Spectrometric Immunoassay (MSIA) pipette tips, a collection of immunoaffinity sample preparation products.
Robust MSIA™ technology delivers a simplified way to enrich target proteins for downstream mass spectrometric analysis. “Our new MSIA pipette tips provide scientists with an easier immunoaffinity approach that yields better and more reproducible quantification results,” said Clive Wingar, business director, affinity & automation consumables, Thermo Fisher Scientific. “From sample preparation and quantification to data analysis, top-down mass spectrometry-based quantitative proteomic workflow is simplified with the automated MSIA immunoaffinity technology, and it is further enhanced when using the highly sensitive Thermo Scientific TSQ Vantage Triple Stage Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer.”
MSIA tips feature a 300 µl pipette tip embedded with a proprietary, highly porous immunoaffinity column that provides increased sensitivity with improved reproducibility and sample throughput. Benefits include:
• Enhanced antibody/antigen-binding kinetics that allow enrichment down to very low levels (femtomoles) for downstream mass spectrometric protein/peptide quantification;
• Improved signal-to-noise ratios due to increased specificity and target recovery as compared to conventional bead-based methods;
• Fast and flexible sample throughput with manual multichannel or fully automated 96-well processing in less than 30 minutes;
• Customizable assay that meets different biomarker research needs.
The new MSIA D.A.R.T.’S® (Disposable Automation Research Tips) are compatible with the Thermo Scientific Versette Automated Liquid Handler providing immuno-enrichment processing in 96-well format. In addition, the new Thermo Scientific Finnpipette Novus i 8 and 12-channel Electronic Pipettes (for immuno-precipitation) and Adjustable Pipette Stand are specifically designed to work with MSIA protocols where high sample throughput is not required.