- New Intelligent Rheometer from Thermo Scientific Responds Intuitively to Individual Quality Control Demands
Product News: New Intelligent Rheometer from Thermo Scientific Responds Intuitively to Individual Quality Control DemandsIndustrial QA/QC laboratories that analyze the rheological properties of a wide variety of samples can now increase efficiency and reduce user error with an intelligent rheometer that adapts to an individual’s measurement routines and conditions.
The Thermo Scientific HAAKE Viscotester iQ rheometer’s ‘’Connect Assist’’ function automatically detects the measuring geometry and temperature module, providing real-time feedback that makes it easy for customers to set up sample testing procedures with minimal errors. Thermo Fisher Scientific debuted the HAAKE Viscotester iQ during Analytica 2014.
Several new options make the rheometer more useful and versatile than the previous generation. The HAAKE Viscotester iQ rheometer can be used as a standalone instrument with its touchscreen interface or by using the unique Thermo Scientific HAAKE Viscotester iQ RheoApp software on a USB flash drive to provide extended capabilities. In addition, the instrument can be operated with full software control from a desktop computer. The instrument’s “Temperature Assist’’ function in concert with its Peltier temperature control system enables customers to measure the true sample temperature as well as reduce the measuring time.
“The HAAKE Viscotester iQ represents a significant evolution in our Viscotester portfolio,” said Birgit Schroeder, product line director, material characterization for Thermo Fisher Scientific. “The instrument’s new features are a significant improvement over the well established HAAKE Viscotester 550 instrument, and signal our continuing commitment to excellence in viscometry and rheometry.”
In addition, the HAAKE Viscotester iQ rheometer offers:
• Modular design, allowing customers to quickly exchange accessories and customize the instrument to suit their needs;
• Self-contained Peltier temperature control for coaxial cylinders and parallel plates, allowing a broad scope of measurements over a wide temperature range and sample types;
• Enhanced measuring flexibility from single-point measurement up to a comprehensive rheological measurement using Controlled Rate or Controlled Stress mode;
• A carrying case for easy transport of the instruments and accessories to field sites.