The new CAMSIZER XT from Retsch Technology provides a wide measurement range and variable dispersion methods. It substantially improves the quality control of fine powders in a size range from 1 µm to 3 mm.
The design of the Camsizer XT is based on the well-proven optical particle measurement system Camsizer but is optimized for finer samples. Not only the improved optical resolution but also new options for material feeding allow for an extended application range. Fine particles tend to agglomerate which makes it difficult to record the properties of a single particle. Therefore, it is important to have various possibilities of feeding the sample to the analysis area to be able to find for each material the optimum between the desired dispersion of the agglomerates and the undesired destruction of the individual particle. The CAMSIZER XT offers three alternative dispersion methods: Pourable, not agglomerated particles are fed to the analysis area by the vibrating feeder of the ‘X-Fall’ module. With the ‘X-Jet’ module agglomerated particles can be accelerated and dispersed through a nozzle with adjustable overpressure. Finally, particles can be dispersed in liquids in the wet module ‘X-Flow’, optionally with ultra sound. Thus it is possible to choose the optimum method for each sample type.
• Digital image processing, according to ISO 13322-2, with patented two-camera-system
• Wide dynamic measuring range from 1 μm to 3 mm
• Newly developed optical system with ultra-strong LEDs for highest resolution and excellent depth of sharpness
• Reliable detection of smallest amounts of “undersize” and “oversize”
• Very short measurement time of 1 – 3 minutes
• Modular System ‘X-Change’ for dry and wet dispersion
• Measurement results are 100% compatible to sieve analysis if required
Retsch Technology is one of the leading suppliers in the market for optical particle measurement. The product range includes optical systems for measuring the particle size distribution of dispersions, powders and granulates as well as wet measurement of particles in suspensions, emulsions and colloids.
Company websiteRetsch GmbH