- PerkinElmer to Showcase Portfolio of Automation and Screening Technologies at SLAS 2017
Industry News: PerkinElmer to Showcase Portfolio of Automation and Screening Technologies at SLAS 2017
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader committed to innovating for a healthier world, today announced that it will display several automation, high-throughput and phenotypic screening technologies at the 2017 Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS) Conference, Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C. at booth 623 and 637 (adjacent). This event brings together researchers to work toward the goal of advancing life sciences R&D by using technology.
“In today’s competitive and continually evolving research setting, we understand that breakthroughs can’t wait,” said Jim Corbett, Executive Vice President and President, Discovery & Analytical Solutions, PerkinElmer. “Our technologies provide automation and improve efficiencies in the lab, helping scientists make new discoveries.”
PerkinElmer will highlight several innovative technologies:
- Kits and Reagents for High-Throughput Screening: provide a wide range of options in multiple assay formats that include Alpha, LANCE® TR-FRET, lites luminescence, and AlphaLISA® SureFire® Ultra™. PerkinElmer will introduce its two newest luminescence assays at SLAS: twinlite™ – a dispense and read, dual luciferase (firefly & renilla luciferase) luminescence assay system and sensilite™ – a highly sensitive, dispense & read firefly luciferase luminescence assay.
- Operetta® CLS™ High-Content Analysis System: enables scientists to uncover deep biological understanding from everyday assays and innovative applications. The system features a unique combination of technologies to deliver the speed, sensitivity and resolution needed to reveal fine sub-cellular details. When paired with PerkinElmer’s Harmony 4.5 software, the Operetta CLS platform can help users find the most subtle phenotypic changes.
- JANUS® G3 Automation Liquid Handling Workstations: deliver real-time and future adaptability in throughput, capacity, and dynamic volume range from 0.5 μl to 5000 μl for consistent and reproducible sample preparation. The workstations feature a choice of pipetting heads, gripper options, and application accessories for complete, walk-away automation.
- EnSight™ Multimode Plate Reader: combines labeled, label-free, and fast imaging technologies on one powerful platform, making it ideal for cell-based assays. With the EnSight imaging module, scientists can image a 384-well plate in less than five minutes. The new Kaleido™ 2.0 data acquisition and analysis software enables easy set-up and running of imaging applications using ready-made, click-and-go protocols or building one’s own from the toolbox. A plate stacker can be added for the convenience of walkaway operation.
- LabChip® GX Touch System: offers researchers microfluidics technology that performs reproducible, high-resolution, electrophoretic separations. A variety of assay kits are available to automate DNA and RNA sizing and quantitation of both fragments and smears to address multiple input concentration ranges.
- chemagic™ 360 Instrument: a medium-to-high-throughput nucleic acid extractor based on proprietary chemagen magnetic bead technology that can analyze up to 50 μg DNA/mL blood and up to96 samples/hour – for sample volumes from 10 μL-10 mL. This instrument delivers pure, ready-to-use, high yield DNA/RNA for a variety of sample types including blood, plasma and saliva. Researchers leverage PerkinElmer’s chemagen offerings in automated nucleic acid isolation to simplify their workflows for a wide range of NGS and PCR applications in the field of human genetics/biobanking, HLA typing, pathogen detection, and viral screening.
- DropletQuant™ spectrophotometer: analyzes up to 96 samples in under five minutes, even with volumes as low as 1 μL, allowing for fast, full-spectrum assessment of sample impurities before expensive downstream processing begins. The low volume requirement and broad dynamic range enable the rapid quantitation of samples.
- cell::explorer™ Robotic Automation Platform helps researchers increase process throughput and improve data quality through highly integrated robotics. Key applications include: high-throughput screening workflows (assay plate and compound preparation), compound addition and phenotypic cell screening and immunoassay screening.
- PerkinElmer Signals™ for Screening: a platform that unites HTS and phenotypic data, enabling researchers to integrate, search and retrieve data from anywhere—inside or outside a firewall. This solution combines high-content screens with target-based assays to manage and analyze data in minutes. The platform fosters collaboration, increases efficiencies and enables faster processing in drug discovery.
PerkinElmer Poster Presentations:
- Poster 1028: “Tools for Target Validation in Cardiovascular Disease –Live Cell Imaging for Monitoring of Target Mediated Cell Migration Phenotypes and Identification of Modulating Compounds” Tuesday, February 7, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Poster 1092: “Distinguishing Cell Lines by Phenotypic Profiling of the Nucleus”, Tuesday, February 7, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- “Development of twinlite, a new reagent for dual firefly and Renilla luciferase assays with improved stability”
- “Detection of receptor blocking antibody with Alpha SureFire Ultra and LANCE Ultra TR-FRET cAMP assays”
- “Developing Protein: Protein (PPI) Interaction Assays with AlphaLISA and LANCE”
- “Rapid development and analysis of 3D spheroid microtissues from multiple cancer cell lines with CellCarrier™ Spheroid ULA microplates, high content imaging, and reagents from PerkinElmer”
- “Rapid, reliable measurement of cellular proliferation and toxic compound effects on 3D spheroid cultures grown from multiple cancer cell lines with ATPlite™ 3D and ATPlite 1step 3D”
- “New Assays for Epigenetic Reader Proteins”
- “High Throughput Quantitation of Cytokine Biomarkers using LANCE Ultra TR-FRET Assays”
- An End-To-End 3D Cell Culture Workflow: Grow, Read, Decide, Monday, February 6, 12:30– 2:30 pm, Room 144C. In this tutorial, PerkinElmer will show an automated end-to-end workflow for 3D cell culture using state-of-the-art technology, enabling true high throughput drug discovery and toxicity testing.
- App Store and High Performance Computing for High Content Screening, Monday, February 6, 4:30 – 5:00 pm. PerkinElmer will discuss how to utilize cloud technology to solve challenges in modern laboratories.
- The Benefits of Alpha Surefire Ultra Assay Sensitivity and Modularity. Tuesday, February 7, 9:30 – 10:10 am. This tutorial will discuss Singleplex and Multiplex protein phosphorylation quantification in relevant cellular models and functional activity measurement of antibodies.
- Automating High Throughput Genomic & Phenotypic Analysis Workflows, Tuesday, February 7, 12:30 – 2:30 pm, Room 144C. PerkinElmer will provide five reasons why imaging capabilities on a multimode reader can be beneficial to laboratories.
- Making Scientific Data 100x Easier to Use, Tuesday, February 7, 4:30 – 5:00 pm. From patient to drug: developing new drug strategies for patient profiles with text analytics and literature mining.
For more information on PerkinElmer’s presence at SLAS, please visit the PerkinElmer event page.
For live coverage from the show, visit the SelectScience SLAS2017 event page.