Product News: Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces the Chromeleon 7.2 Data System to Unite Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry at Pittcon 2013Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today introduced the next generation of its gold-standard Chromeleon chromatography data system (CDS), which now supports mass spectrometry along with mainstream front-end separation techniques in the same software package. Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon 7.2 CDS bridges the gap between gas, liquid, or ion chromatography and mass spectrometry to offer enterprise-wide gains in laboratory productivity. Thermo Fisher will showcase the new software within booth 1835 during Pittcon 2013, being held in Philadelphia from March 17-21, 2013.
“Growing numbers of customers want to apply mass spectrometry to routine and quantitative analyses. We developed Chromeleon 7.2 CDS for them.” said David Leitham, vice president, chromatography software, for Thermo Fisher. “This is just the latest step in our long term campaign to simplify the use of analytical tools. We started in the ‘90s by extending Chromeleon software support to multiple vendors’ chromatography platforms, and we later re-engineered Chromeleon to the latest software architecture to further simplify workflows. Now we’re joining separations and mass spec control and data processing under the same, familiar software umbrella.”
Major benefits of Chromeleon 7.2 CDS include:
• Chromatography and mass spectrometry (MS) quantitiation workflows can be streamlined on a single software platform
• Chromeleon 7.2 CDS’s suite of automation tools, including Cobra detection algorithm, SmartPeaks integration assistant, and linking panes are designed to reduce review time and data processing
• A new consolidated report function easily generates summaries of very large data sets to facilitate interpretation of results
• Seamless integration of the CDS with LIMS and SDMS infrastructure can enable a paperless lab
• Chromeleon 7 platform architecture is designed to accommodate future upgrades
• eWorkflows automate many routine tasks, shown by users to boost productivity while reducing manual data entry and processing errors
• Accommodates unattended operation
Initially, Chromeleon 7.2 CDS provides full enterprise support for Thermo Scientific ISQ single quadrupole and TSQ 8000 triple quadrupole GC-MS instruments, plus central processing, reporting, storage and management of LC-MS data. Full native instrument control for LC-MS platforms will be added later.
While Chromeleon 7.2 CDS is designed to reduce the time between “sample” and “results” for a wide variety of analytical workflows, the system is particularly well suited for pharmaceutical, chemical and environmental laboratories. Chromeleon 7 has helped labs provide data necessary for thousands of FDA audits.