New applications include:
• Tumor growth analysis in drug screening: brightfield and fluorescence acquisition of tumorspheres with fluorescence & morphologic measurements
• Single colony verification: enumeration of colonies within a well for identification of single clones
• Cell migration measurement: assessment of wound healing via typical scratch assays
• Faster automated measurement of cell counting & confluency
• Improved reproducibility and reliability of embryoid body segmentation
Dr Suzanne Eccles, Reader in Tumor Biology at the Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton commented, “Celigo has been essential to our work validating 3D models of tumor growth, invasion and angiogenesis. We now have robust, high-throughput growth assays, with results for 96-well plates in minutes compared with standard automated microscopy-based image analysis, and we have been able to develop novel quantitative, measurements of tumor invasion.
“By using the Celigo in our drug discovery research we have more clinically relevant models for drug evaluation which are contributing to a reduction in the amount of in vivo testing being performed.”
Clint Haris, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Brooks Life Science Systems added, “Cell analysis is a fast moving field that requires versatile instrumentation capable of meeting challenging demands. The development of these new applications is ensuring that Celigo continues to meet the needs of our customers and highlights our commitment to supporting the field of cell analysis.”
Brooks Celigo is designed for the rapid image capture and processing of cells with minimum plate movements and sample disturbance. Proven with both adherent and non-adherent cell types, its high resolution image acquisition coupled with uniform, high contrast and even illumination allows identification of “every cell in every well”. Compatibility with SBS multi-well plates along with T25 and T75 culture flasks, a simplified workflow for all assays and enhanced software capabilities, enables the Celigo to be used in a broad range of applications.