BioTek Instruments, Inc. showcased their microplate instrumentation technologies at the European Laboratory Robotics Interest Group (ELRIG) 3rd Drug Discovery Symposium, Stands A6-A7 from September 7-8, 2009 at the BT Convention Centre, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
BioTek to Debut Epoch System and Features Microplate Instrumentation Solutions at 2009 ELRIG Symposium
The symposium marks the international debut of BioTek’s Epoch™ Multi-Volume Spectrophotometer System for monochromator based absorbance measurements from 200nm to 999nm in microplates, cuvettes or 2 µL microspots. The system includes the Epoch Microplate Reader for measuring 6- to 384-well microplates and the Take3™ Multi-Volume Plate for measuring up to sixteen 2 µL samples, 1 cm cuvettes or BioTek's proprietary BioCell 1 cm quartz vessel. Instrument control and data reduction is automatically accomplished with Gen5™ software. This new system provides a high value, multi-volume solution for life science laboratories with multiple users and multiple assay demands.
BioTek’s stand also featured Synergy™ 4 Multi-Mode Microplate Reader with Hybrid Technology™ – the first multi-mode reader to combine filter-based and quadruple monochromator-based fluorescence detection technology for endless flexibility in current and future microplate-based assays. Synergy 4 also includes Fluorescence Intensity, Luminescence, Fluorescence Polarization, Time-Resolved Fluorescence, AlphaScreen® and UV-Visible Absorbance.
Also demonstrated were BioTek’s EL406™ Combination Microplate Washer Dispenser and Precision™ XS Microplate Sample Processor. The automation friendly, multifunctional EL406 combines BioTek’s industry standard ELx405™ Microplate Washer with peristaltic and syringe drive dispensers for washing and dispensing flexibility in 96- and 384-well microplates. Additionally, EL406 models are available to process up to 1536-well microplates, and an optional magnetic bead carrier offers high-strength biomagnetic separation for magnetic bead-based assay protocols. The Precision XS offers four distinct liquid transfer tools in one compact platform.
BioTek’s technical poster presentations at the ELRIG Drug Discovery Symposium include:
• Automation of a Luminescent Assay to Measure UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) Enzyme Activity
• Low Volume Nucleic Acid Quantification Using a Multi-Volume Microplate Spectrophotometer System
• A Simple and Robust Automated Kinase Profiling Platform Using Luminescent ADP Accumulation Technology
• Automation of Luminescence-based CYP Inhibition Assays Using BioTek Instrumentation for Use in Drug Discovery
• Automation of a Multiplexed Cell-based Assay to Measure Simultaneously Inhibition and Induction of the Cytochrome P450 Isoform 3A4 by Small Molecule Compounds
Company websiteBioTek Instruments, Inc.