New databases added to HaveItAll® IR bringing this comprehensive collection to over 225,000 spectra include:
• ATR-IR - Controlled & Prescription Drugs 2 - Bio-Rad Sadtler (1,082 spectra)
• ATR-IR - Nutraceuticals - Bio-Rad Sadtler (671 spectra)
• ATR-IR - Inorganics 2 - Bio-Rad Sadtler (135 spectra)
• ATR-IR - Organometallics 2 - Bio-Rad Sadtler (127 spectra)
• ATR-IR - Plasticizers - Bio-Rad Sadtler (91 spectra)
• ATR-IR - Polymers & Monomers (Basic) 2 - Bio-Rad Sadtler (355 spectra)
• IR - Controlled & Prescription Drugs - Bio-Rad Sadtler (376 spectra)
• IR - Polymers & Monomers (Basic) 3 - Bio-Rad Sadtler (50 spectra)
New databases added to HaveItAll Raman bringing the collection to over 6,700 spectra include:
• Raman - Controlled & Prescription Drugs (516 spectra)
• Raman - Biomaterials - HORIBA (110 spectra)
• Raman - Forensic - HORIBA (570 spectra)
• Raman - Minerals - HORIBA (530 spectra)
• Raman - Minerals (FT) - HORIBA (310 spectra)
• Raman - Semiconductor Materials - HORIBA (210 spectra)
Bio-Rad added over 70,000 spectra added to HaveItAll NMR bringing this collection to over 560,000 spectra; the following additions were made to the following HaveItAll databases:
• 13C NMR - Wolfgang Robien - 62,407 added
• 1H NMR - Chemical Shifts - Bio-Rad Sadtler - 10,446 added
Over 19,000 spectra added to HaveItAll XNMR bringing this collection to over 90,000 spectra; the following additions were made to the following HaveItAll databases:
• 11B NMR - Wolfgang Robien - 872 added
• 15N NMR - Wolfgang Robien - 1,278 added
• 17O NMR - Wolfgang Robien - 325 added
• 19F NMR - Wolfgang Robien - 6,452 added
• 29Si NMR - Wolfgang Robien - 823 added
• 31P NMR - Wolfgang Robien- 10,000 added
KnowItAll Informatics System 9.5 Spectroscopy Software Released
Bio-Rad's KnowItAll Informatics System is a fully integrated software package that provides scientific researchers multiple tools, including database building and management, search, analysis, structure drawing, and reporting all within a single user interface. Bio-Rad offers specialized editions of its KnowItAll system specifically customized for spectroscopy and other areas of research.
The KnowItAll 9.5 release includes the following enhancements:
• Spectral Search - now offers enhanced ability to visualize results from simultaneous searches from multiple analytical techniques and the option to view even more detailed search parameters and include in reports
• Mixture Analysis - now offers a choice of algorithm and the ability to include/exclude known components to improve results.
• Spectral Viewing - now includes different spectral x-axis zoom zones, spectrum overview pane, the ability to calculate the "average" spectrum and derivative spectra, and improved reflectance spectrum handling.
• Macros - expanded ability to create macros in all analytical techniques.
• Structure Drawing - new tool to flip fragments in a molecule and additional supported file formats.
• KnowItAll AnyWare™ (online browser search interface) - improved search speed and improvements to interface.
About Spectral Databases
Researchers use spectral search software along with spectral databases to identify unknown substances and verify the composition of synthesized materials in a number of applications and industries. First, precision instruments measure a substance and produce a spectrum, which is expressed as a graph showing a series of peaks and valleys that is specific to the sample material. That spectrum is then compared with a reference database of the measured spectra of known substances. If a matching spectrum is found, the material in question can be identified. Bio-Rad’s KnowItAll solutions provide search software tools, as well as the world's most extensive collection of reference spectra used in this type of analysis.
About KnowItAll Informatics Software
Bio-Rad's KnowItAll Informatics System is a fully integrated chemistry software and database package that provides scientific researchers multiple tools, including database building and management, search, analysis, structure drawing, and reporting all within a single user interface. The company's award-winning KnowItAll Informatics System offers fully flexible and expandable solutions for Infrared (IR), Raman, Near IR (NIR), Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), Mass Spectrometry (MS), Ultraviolet-Visible (UV-Vis) spectroscopy, chromatography, chemometrics, and metabolomics.
This release contains certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as, "believe," "expect," "may," "will," "intend," "estimate," "continue," or similar expressions or the negative of those terms or expressions. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to vary materially from those expressed in or indicated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding the Company's risks and uncertainties, please refer to the "Risk Factors" in the Company's public reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and Current Reports on Form 8-K. The Company cautions you not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which reflect an analysis only and speak only as of the date hereof. Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.