Industry News: Metabolomics Symposium Scheduled for August 9On Friday, August 9, leading metabolomics researchers will gather for the NIH Eastern Regional Comprehensive Metabolomics Resource Core Symposium at RTI International in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. This event is sponsored by LECO, AB SCIEX, Gerstel, Restek, and RTI International.
The seminar will include a full day of presentations and discussions covering real-world approaches to unlocking the metabolome, including:
• How NOT to Do Metabolic Profiling, presented by Dr. Ian Wilson of Imperial College, London
• High Resolution GC-MS for Metabolomics Applications, presented by Dr. Vladimir V. Tolstikov of Lilly Research Laboratories
• Overview of the RTI International RMC, presented by Dr. Susan Sumner of RTI International
• Systematic Computational Approach to Creating Libraries of High-Quality Mass Spectra for Unidentified Metabolites, presented by Dr. Xiuxia Du, University of North Carolina, Charlotte
• GC-TOFMS and Biomarker Discovery, presented by Dr. James Raymer of RTI International
• Analysis of Lipids using SelexION Technology, presented by Dr. Fadi Abdi, AB Sciex
• Metabolomics in Agricultural Research: Expanded Applications and Database Capabilities for Volatile Compound Capture and Tracking, presented by Dr. Kirsten Skogerson of Monsanto
• True Peak Capacity Increase GCxGC-TOFMS for Complex Metabolomics Samples, presented by Jack Cochran, Restek
Lunch will be provided to attendees. Pre-registration is required for this free event, and space is limited. For more information and to reserve your space, visit www.leco.com and look for the “NIH Eastern Regional Comprehensive Metabolomics Resource Core Symposium” link near the bottom of the homepage.