The Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) is responding to requests from members for more information on the ISO 15189 standards for laboratories by offering a comprehensive one day conference in London on Wednesday 30 April. This conference is a full day of lectures covering all aspects of the new accreditation standards and requirements that are replacing the CPA accreditation standards.
The programme will cover:
- Comparison of the CPA accreditation standards with ISO 15189 standards highlighting the differences
- Opportunity to hear about the changes to the assessment process and discuss with a UKAS representative.
- Practical exercises with specific standards to help understanding and interpretation of their requirements.
- Explanation of the changes to the assessment process.
- The experience of an ISO 15189 pilot laboratory – and what lessons can be learnt.
- How the final decision making process differs.
- Practical advice on how to prepare for an ISO 15189 accreditation visit.
The event is IBMS CPD credited.