Product Review & Content Program Guidelines
Be seen where scientists are actively searching for products and user reviews:
- List your products on SelectScience.
- Generate reviews for your products.
- Display reviews on your own website via the Review Widget.
- Generate lead referrals via SelectScience and your own website.
Your Marketing Specialist will provide you with a spreadsheet to complete with your product information. It is vital that this is completed as fully as possible to avoid delays and to start receiving leads and referrals. We can then upload your products on your behalf.
3 easy steps:
1. List your products
2. Invite your customers to review
- A product name and detailed description that lists the benefits of the product in a factual and concise way.
- Product page URL.
- Product Image (250 x 250 pixels, JPEG).
- Keywords - for advice on the best terminology to use, please contact your campaign coordinator.
- Applicable product categories - a full list of categories can be provided in an Excel spreadsheet. Categories should indicate what the product is rather than each application.
Simply send SelectScience’s Review Generation email directly to your customers to encourage them to write reviews of your products. We will provide you with our successful email template ready to send to your customers.
Visit our Reviews Program »
3. Display reviews on your own website and in campaigns
Display your user-generated content on your own site by adding the SelectScience Review widget. You will inspire your visitors, enhance their user experience and drive sales.
For more information contact your Account Manager.
Reviews Process and Guidelines
Why reviews matter to you
Step one: Review is submitted
- Reviews define your brand.
- 96% of scientists agree that product reviews influence their buying decisions.
- Impartial product reviews generate 4 x more sales leads.
- Reviews optimize your brand presence on Google and SelectScience.
- By adding SelectScience user-generated content to your own site, you will inspire your visitors, enhance their user experience and drive sales.
Reviews are submitted directly through the SelectScience website.
Step two: Immediately: Email notifications are sent
The manufacturer is sent a ‘Right to Reply’ email notification, detailing the review and reviewer’s name, company, job title and work field. The manufacturer then has 48 hours to contact the Reviews Editor to request that the review be reassessed if necessary.
The SelectScience Reviews Editor is also notified of the review.
Step three: Reviews are published or deleted
After the 48-hour period, it is at the discretion of the Reviews Editor as to when a review is published on SelectScience. Prior to publication, the Editor reviews each submission to ensure:
- The correct product name is referenced (if there is ambiguity, the Editor may contact the reviewer for further clarification before publication).
- Correct spelling and grammar (the Editor may edit comments to ensure clarity).
In addition, the Reviews Editor will screen (and remove) reviews deemed:
- An employee of any distributor
In special circumstances, a review that has been written by a scientist employee of a manufacturer but is otherwise legitimate may still be published. In these instances, decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis and made by the Reviews Editor in full consultation with the Editor-in-Chief.
Manufacturers' Right-to-Reply Guidelines
Manufacturers have the opportunity to respond to the email notification, in order to express concern with the content or validity of the review.
Table 1: Possible manufacturer concerns
- Step one: The manufacturer may reply to the notification email, requesting the publication process is put on hold (see table 1 below).
- Step two: SelectScience will delay the publication process for up to four weeks, and will provide the contact details of the reviewer (if they have agreed for their details to be shared). This may provide the manufacturer with an opportunity to resolve any issues.
- Step three: If SelectScience has not received a valid reason to withhold publication of the review within four weeks, the review will be processed and published (see table 1 below).
- Step four: If desired, the manufacturer may write a comment – the ‘reply’ – on the review, to be displayed with the review. This is moderated by the Reviews Editor to ensure constructive content.
|Manufacturer believes the comment and/or product reviewed is not representative or correct.
||The Reviews Editor will only amend or delete the review at the original reviewer’s request (i.e. the reviewer may wish to change their comments).
|The review has not been submitted by a scientist/genuine customer (User).
||The Reviews Editor will investigate the concern and delete the review if the concern is found to be valid.
|The reviewer appears to be misguided on the manufacturer's product.
||The opportunity for manufacturer feedback. The Reviews Editor will publish a constructive comment - provided by the manufacturer - with the review.
All concerns regarding reviews should be emailed to email@example.com.
Contact the SelectScience sales team to request our Media Kit »
Find out more about our Reviews Program »
Image submissions: Any images supplied for publication must have a license for usage on SelectScience. Any liabilities arising from the incorrect use of an image supplied to and published on SelectScience will be passed on to the provider and/or their agent. In the event of improper usage of a supplied image, SelectScience will charge an administration fee to the image provider and/or their agent.